1. Buy a plastic molded store dummy in
the shape of a child for around $15.
2. Make a cubby house out of blankets and chairs, just like you
did when you were a child. Crawl inside with a doll or toy that
you belonged and listen to children's music.
3. Get out some children's toys, such as pick-up-sticks or a tea-set
and play like you did when you were a child. Make afternoon tea
and sit outside or set up a lemonade stall and invite the neighbors
to join you.
4. Visit recycled shops and gather interesting pieces that can be
used. Consider dressing your mannequin in a particular outfit to
express who you were as a child. Mine would be holding a book in
her hand. Let your imagination run wild.
5. Hang the child body somewhere so you can see it and look at it
6. Document the process and record your ideas about your childhood
during this period. Did you have a Superman, Batman phase? What
were the qualities of these figures that captured your imagination?