Christmas in July in Wartook Australia
with Heather Blakey
Priscilla set out on the first world, Soul Food Tour, to meet and work with members of the Soul Food Community. But just as Captain Cook left England to do more than monitor the Transit of Venus, Priscilla left Australian shores with a secret mission. By her own admission she is computer illiterate, let alone Web 2.0 savvy. Priscilla is hoping that her hosts will teach her all about the web and the exciting things she can do in cyber space. Then she will be truly able to call herself Priscilla, Queen of Cyber Space.
Her list of some of the things she wants to learn more about during her travels.
- Create a Yahoo email account. Join Yahoo Groups and become a member of Soul Food
- Create a WordPress blog and learn how to drive it.
- Make a Photostory.
- Learn about Flickr and online photo albums
- Take digital photos and load them on the new blog
- Become a web columnist, interview members of Soul Food and publish these interviews.
- Find out about Writeboard and learn how to have people from all over the world help edit work online.
- Discover other search engines apart from Google.
- Learn about bookmarking with Magnolia.
- Find out how to participate in a team blog.
Of course, her list just keeps on expanding and growing.
You can learn all about Web 2.0 with Priscilla as she globe trots. She is currently in the United States and has been to places like Los Angeles, Knotts Island, North Carolina, the North West of Oregon and Apache Junction, Arizona.
During the 2008 Priscilla travelled extensively with Carol Abel, going to England, France, Luxembourg, Turkey and Asia and meeting with artisans and other fascinating people.
In the Flower Market
by Carol Abel
Priscilla now has her personal blog, a Flickr account and a Squidoo Lens She is a member of the Rookery and a part of the Riversleigh Set. The Riversleigh Set is a group of artists and writers who live, in the home of Sibyl Riversleigh, beyond the portal of Soul Food. Riversleigh is an important Lemurian base. Riversleigh is a virtual, old style manor house that offers rooms with a view to artists and writers who are interested in settling in Lemuria and working to populate this old realm.
Hopefully you will want to join us within Soul Food and acquire a room of your own in Riversleigh. Maybe you will be tempted to create a wild garden of your own within this fabulous, fantasy realm.
Here she is back in Arizona with Vi and Ginger. She spent the morning greeting friends she made when she was here last year. She is being made quite a fuss of, and we all know how much she likes that sort of thing.